Higher National Diploma in International Travel & Tourism Management
The new BTEC Higher National qualifications in International Travel and Tourism Management are designed to address an increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Levels 4 and 5, providing students with a clear line of sight to employment or progression to further higher education study.
Qualification summary:Credits: 240
Career Pathways: Destination Management, Tour Operations
Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications in International Travel and Tourism Management offer:
- A stimulating and challenging programme of study that will be both engaging and memorable for students.
- The essential subject knowledge that students need to progress successfully into further study or the world of work.
- A simplified structure: students undertake a substantial core of learning in the Higher National Certificate and can build on this in the Higher National Diploma, with optional units linked to their specialist area of study.
- Specialist pathways in the Level 5 Diploma, so there is something to suit each student’s preference of study and future progression plans.
- Refreshed content that is closely aligned with Professional Body, employer and higher education needs.
Assessments that consider cognitive skills (what students know) along with affective and applied skills (respectively how they behave and what they can do).
- Unit-specific grading and Pearson-set assignments.
- A varied approach to assessment that supports progression to Level 6 and also allows Centres to offer assessment relevant to the local economy, thereby accommodating and enhancing different learning styles.
- Quality Assurance measures – as outlined in sections 6 and 7 of this Programme Specification – to ensure that all stakeholders (e.g. professional bodies, universities, colleges and students) can feel confident in the integrity and value of the qualifications.
- A qualification designed to meet the needs and expectations of students aspiring to work in an international travel and tourism environment.
Travel and Tourism Management Programme Modules
- 1 The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
- 2 Managing the Customer Experience
- 3 Professional Identity and Practice
- 4 The Travel and Tourism Business Toolkit
- 5 Leadership and Management for Service Industries (Pearson-set)
- 8 Visitor Attraction Management
- 9 Online Travel Management
- 18 Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- 19 Research Project (Pearson-set)
- 20 Tourism Consumer Behavior and Insight
- 37 Digital Sales and Marketing
- 49 Managing and Running a Small Business
- 24 Destination Management Services 35 Chain of Distribution Management in the Travel Industry
- 25 Strategic Destination Planning 36 Dynamic Products & Packaging
- 26 Destination Marketing 38 Operations Management Support
- 35 Chain of Distribution Management in the Travel Industry
- 36 Dynamic Products & Packaging
- 38 Operations Management Support