BA (Hons) in International Hospitality Management
International hospitality management
This course prepares students for management roles in the dynamic and global hospitality industry. By studying this program students will acquire industry relevant knowledge and develop skills to help you plan and manage resources and enhance consumer experiences. Students will be equipped to work within the contemporary hospitality industry and prepared for management careers with worldwide work opportunities. Your tutor will work with you to identify your aspirations and to find a suitable placement, a number of placements lead to employment opportunities on graduation.
International hospitality management prepares you for management roles in the dynamic and global hospitality industry.
What happens on the course?
- Research interpretation and analysis
- Hotel and accommodation Management
- Strategy and Consultancy
- Research in Business and Management issues
- Gastronomy and menu design
- Social enterprise in context
This course prepares you for many managerial roles including those in hotels, restaurants, contract catering, arenas, pubs and nightclubs. Employers range from family-run businesses to multi-national brands, with opportunities for self run businesses
What skills will you gain?
As a graduate of this course you will be able to:
- Strategically analyze and evaluate the regional, national and international business environment and its impact on the local hospitality environment
- Demonstrate the knowledge and enterprising skills required in managing an international hospitality function
- Use industry-specific digital technology, in the context of developing and managing a contemporary hospitality business
- Recognize and value the importance of the hospitality consumer, their needs, experience, and diversity, in both the operational and strategic contexts
- Apply appropriate theoretical concepts to dynamic and diverse hospitality concerns such as gourmet restaurants, pub franchises or international hotels
- Manage the complex relationships between the key industry players, whilst acknowledging the social responsibility of the 21st century hospitality manager.