B.Sc in Construction Practices
B.Sc. in Construction Practices
(Yashwantarao Chavan Maharashtra Open University)
||HSC pass or equivalent from any recognized Indian or foreign Board
- To get through knowledge of construction technology.
- To plan, execute, manage and complete the projects.
- To understand basic design principles and apply the same.
- To understand surveying works.
- To prepare students with upgraded techniques & market requirements.
- To prepare students to get entry opportunities in various construction projects.
- To the overall development of students as a construction executive.
- To prepare them for starting/ managing their own business.
- Junior/ Assistant engineers in building & Infrastructure project.
- Assistant to consultants.
- Assistant to Architects.
- Assistant to Designers.
- Manage Family Business.
||The program will be delivered through a unique mix of theory and association with live projects that allows them to relate the theory with real time practical learning.
There will be full time teaching in the First Semester and from Second to the Fourth Semester students will need to be associated with part time employment while lectures will be conducted on weekends.
||Syllabus – Three years program
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Drawing
- Health, Safety and Risk Assessment in Engineering
- Personal and Professional Development
- Building Construction: Design Principles and Application, Maintenance
- Site Surveying Procedures for Construction
- Concrete Technology
- Science and Materials for Construction
- Management Principles and Application for Construction
- Structural Analysis and Design
- Transportation for Construction
- Measuring, Tendering and Estimating for Construction
- Group Project in the Construction Industry
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Training
- Building Services Design, Installation and Maintenance in Construction
- Project Management for Construction
- Civil Engineering Design
- Advanced Civil Engineering
- Commercial Management in the Construction Industry
- Innovation in a Sustainable Construction Industry
- Construction Technology
- Students will be eligible to appear for relevant level with ‘Construction Skill Development Council of India’ (CSDC)