National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
The National Policy of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015, launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 15th July, 2015, focuses on apprenticeship as one of the key programs for creating skilled manpower in India. After undergoing apprenticeship training, candidates become equipped to easily adapt to the industrial environment. The scheme entails financial support to the establishment’s undertaking apprenticeship programs.
At RAGC, we ensure alignment with government’s mission to empower youth by providing hands-on training and smooth implementation of the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS)
- Addresses Skill Gap for the Industry
- Industry can design and run Apprenticeships in customized courses
- Increase availability of industry ready skilled manpower well versed with culture of the company
- Reduces attrition
- Reduces expenditure on recruitment process
- Studies establish that loyalty factor in apprentices is relatively higher
- Financial support from the Government through NAPS
- High ROI with a short payback period
- Candidates start contributing productively after a couple of months of training
- High level of dedication and loyalty among apprentices
- Apprentices are often cross-skilled and undertake multi-tasking across the organization
- Apprentices are not employees, no obligation to hire them, Labour Laws are not applicable
- In case of open recruitment slots, apprentices become a steady stream and a natural choice as they are trained on company-specific technologies, know-how and processes; they also reduce hiring & induction costs
- Single window system championed by NSDC
- Earn social goodwill and improve brand image as a responsible company
- Direct contribution to nation building through partnership with Skill India mission
- Incentives under NAPS
- Choose a Profession that they want
- Learn from Experts
- Earn a Stipend during Apprenticeship
- Acquire Specialized Skills through On-the-Job Training
- Receive Government and Industry Recognized Certification
- Improve Long-Term Career Prospects
- A Person who employs four or more persons to do any work in an establishment for remuneration
- Employer shall engage apprentice in a band of 2.5% to 15% of the total strength of the establishment
- Employer must have EPFO / ESIC / Factory / Cooperative/ MSME registration number
- Employer must have TIN / TAN / GST / SGST number
- Employer must register on the apprentice portal
- Employer must have bank account linked with Aadhar / Pan Card
- Trainees passed out from ITI courses.
- Trainees under dual learning mode from ITI.
- Trainees who have completed any NSQF aligned short term course including PMKVY/DDUGKY/MES.
- Graduates/Candidates, pursuing graduation courses, Diploma courses in any stream or 10+2 vocational certificate holders.
- Candidates who have the minimum educational qualification required for trade but have not undergone any trade-related training are also eligible for NAPS.
- Every apprentice has to register on the portal. They also must have a minimum age of 14 years.
- Every candidate must have aadhar number or relevant identity document.
- Mobilize and counsel candidates to undergo apprenticeship training
- Registration of Candidates
- Replacement of trainees in case of separation
- Monitoring daily attendance of trainees to control absenteeism
- Monitoring discipline as per company policy
- Assistance to outside students for lodging & boarding if required
- Coordination & Supervision of On Job Training Students
- Preparation of Final Stipend Disbursement sheet.
- Theoretical Training along with OJT
- Mobile based learning & internal assessment of OJT.
- Upload contracts of apprenticeship on the apprenticeship portal on behalf of the establishment for registration by Apprenticeship Advisor.
- Furnish all the returns on the portal-site on behalf of the establishment
- Submit reimbursement claims on behalf of establishment towards stipend paid to apprentices
- Ensure compliance of all formalities by the apprentices for appearing in assessment examinations as and when required
- Assist the establishment to conduct assessment and issue certificates